A WINTER RETREAT FOR YOUNG ADULTS
As we move into adulthood and begin taking ownership over the major decisions and responsibilities coming our way, it can feel...overwhelming. What am I doing? Where am I heading? Does anyone else feel the way I do? These questions and more can leave us keenly aware of the weight and pressure of being a young-adult. Avalanche is a conference and retreat designed to connect you with other people working through the same adventure you find yourself in the middle of, help you form deeper relationships, and give you courage and clarity as you seek to cling to God during the chaos of life.
- Dates: Wed. December 30th - Sat. January 2nd
- Location: Mammoth (Sierra Meadows Ranch in Mammoth Lakes)
- Who: College & career age young-adults (i.e. 18 to mid 20s) - open to friends/family outside of the TerraNova community as well
- What: Connect in relationships, enjoy the snow & outdoors, grow in your faith, and recharge as the new year begins
- Cost: $135 for first 20 sign-ups, $165 afterwards (suggested retail price for trip is $235 but we're giving all participants a major discount)
Pristine location, daytime activities (ice skating, sledding), nighttime activities (evening gatherings w/ music, message, and discussion), New Year's Eve at The Village (including fireworks), skiing or snowboarding at nearby June Mountain (Thursday and/or Friday). If you want to snowboard or ski, you get to take advantage of greatly discounted lift tickets and rentals. Don't know how to ride? Free lessons for all riding levels!
Transportation: Carpooling will be arranged and everyone will share gas expenses.