Give Water: Info and F.A.Q.
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING? We're aiming to raise at least $2,500 to fund a clean water project (100% of which will be used on the project).
- WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? Because we believe that every person should have access to clean water. Because we recognize that clean water makes a significant impact on a person's physical health in addition to their safety, education, childcare, economy, dignity, and hope. And because we know that this world is a much better place when we look out for one another and seek to give sacrificially & show love in tangible ways. Check out the videos at the bottom of this page for more information!
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? Everyone! The High School Ministry of TerraNova Church is leading the charge, but this is open to people of any age, background, or belief system. It's open to friends, family members, teammates, neighbors, or random people who just happened to stumble upon this website (oh hey, what's up?!). Anyone with a heart for making a difference and changing lives is welcome!
- HOW CAN I GIVE? Two simple ways: The first is by going to our campaign page and making a donation (any amount is fantastic!). But you know people we don't and maybe you'd like to give them the opportunity to contribute as well. So here's your other option that could help us surpass our goal: Go to our campaign page, find the green button that says "Join the Team" (should be near the top on the left side), take a minute to set up your campaign (you can copy our text or make it customized and personalized for you and the people you'll share it with), and then share the link (text friends, post on social media, email it to family members asking them to give towards that instead of buying you a Christmas gift). Let's do this!
- WHAT IS "CHARITY: WATER" AND WHY ARE YOU WORKING WITH THEM? charity: water is a non-profit organization that brings clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. Over the past six years they have funded over 16,000 water projects to bring clean water to more than 5.2 million people. Simply put, they know what they're doing. Even better: they can be trusted! Recognizing that people have had unanswered questions and bad experiences with humanitarian organizations, 100% of their donations go directly to the field to fund water projects and they use other private donations to cover things like payroll and operating expenses. Want to read more about the way they do things? Click here and here.